Fake News - Page 40
Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake News

Quote Originally Posted by sags View Post
    While it may serve their purpose in the clandestine world of security and intelligence to spread disinformation, I am unaware of US intelligence agencies spreading false information about their own President.

That would simply be an intolerable situation, and should be considered treasonous behaviour.

The US intelligence agencies don't have to "like" the President or his politics. That isn't their function.
    Do some research-JFK had lots of problems with the CIA when he was POTUS-and he wasn't the only one. Don't believe everything you hear on CNN.

On the separation of Trump's businesses from his politics.

Putting his business empire into the hand's of his children is a very bad decision.

The best scenario is that nothing happens over the term of his Presidency. The worst case is that Trump is continually mired in scandal.

Hopefully someone will convince Trump to put everything into a blind trust, as every other President has done.
    The guy hasn't been in the job one day and you are already desperately afraid that he won't fail.

Sorry, I was typing Hoover's role in when you responded.

But you are right, although I don't recall Hoover making the information public during their administration.

I could stand corrected, but that is what I recall.
    Last edited by sags; 2017-01-11 at 04:20 PM.
    Someone planted a tree a long time ago and now I sit in the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelley View Post
    Big money funded Crooked Hillary's campaign to the tune of 1.2 BILLION-I guess it was because she is so pleasant-LOL.
    Wait, why are we talking about Hillary? I thought she is just a private citizen.

The guy hasn't been in the job one day and you are already desperately afraid that he won't fail.
    And you should be to.

I am not concerned about economic failures, climate change policies, or any domestic policies. Bad policies in those areas can be endured.

I am concerned about the combination of Trump's temperament, simplistic view of the world, and the military power that he alone will wield.

North Korea, Iran, Russia, China.............those are no jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by bass player View Post
    The unforseen fallout from the non-stop attack on Trump by the media and Democrats is that their credibility is shot. One day they might report a real scandal or crime by Trump and no one will believe them.
    I totally agree with you there.

Way too much angst on the side of the Democrats and CNN has given too much air time to guests and shows that focus on the "tragedy of Trump" from the liberal perspective.

I will also say the CNN panel of Trump supporters have done an admirable job, and I see that CNN has replaced some of the more "shrill" Clinton supporters with more refined guests to represent the Democrat side.

Personally, I don't care to watch another Van Jones special on how Clinton supporters are "coping" with the loss.

They cry wolf too many times, and I agree........people won't believe them anymore.
    Last edited by sags; 2017-01-11 at 04:27 PM.

Way too much angst on the side of the Democrats and CNN has given too much air time to guests and shows that focus on the "tragedy of Trump" from the liberal perspective.

They cry wolf too many times, and I agree........people won't believe them anymore.
    Also, the rules have changed. Politicians used to rely on the mainstream media to get their message out to the public. But, the internet has changed that and they are no longer as important as they used to be. Trump knows he doesn't need the mainstream media and therefore can take actions against those who he feels lie or stretch the truth.

I wonder how close CNN is to being "uninvited" from White House press conferences?

I will also say the CNN panel of Trump supporters have done an admirable job, and I see that CNN has replaced some of the more "shrill" Clinton supporters with more refined guests to represent the Democrat side.

Personally, I don't care to watch another Van Jones special on how Clinton supporters are "coping" with the loss.

I read a poll the other day that 33% of CNN VIEWERS think they report the news honestly-it is like watching Jerry Springer.

Destabilization and infighting in the west is exactly what Putin wants to create, while he continues his plan to return Russia to an empire again. The US needs to get their act together.

I read a poll the other day that 33% of CNN VIEWERS think they report the news honestly-it is like watching Jerry Springer.
    To me, the problem is in some of the populist anchors that CNN has ended up with.

All people want is an anchor reading the news and moderating expert guests on both sides of an issue.

Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast