Fake News - Page 39
Page 39 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake News

Quote Originally Posted by bass player View Post
    Trump has made his potential conflicts of interest available to the proper people. I guess you're not one of them
    The concern is that the "proper people" are his own adult children.

If you have something to say - then say.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewf View Post
    His birth certificate was widely available. Crazy people (including Trump) decided to disbelieve its authenticity and wanted a super-official birth certificate, because the standard one that everyone has was not good enough. I don't blame Obama for not readily releasing it. It encouraged the crazies to advertise their craziness.

Where are Trump's tax returns? Where is a full disclosure of all Trump's holdings and potential conflicts of interest?
    Big money funded Crooked Hillary's campaign to the tune of 1.2 BILLION-I guess it was because she is so pleasant-LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by olivaw View Post
    Wrong. "Fake news" is manufactured fiction masquerading as fact. There is no manufactured fiction here. There is a 35 page document detailing Trump's ties to Russia. Buzzfeeds published the entirety of it. CNN reported only the verified (proven) portion of it.
    It is a document just like my toilet paper is a document.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Buzzfeed reported the story and published the report online.

It is a very disturbing report.

I am not a Trump fan, but I hope the report isn't true because if it is it reveals a mentally sick man will become President of the US.

CNN reported the story had been given to Obama and Trump in security briefings as an unverified addendum to the full report.

If the report is fake.......it questions Buzzfeed's credibility.

If intelligence agencies didn't provide the unverified report to Obama and Trump in security briefings............it questions CNN's credibility.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...legations.html
    Last edited by sags; 2017-01-11 at 02:50 PM.
    Someone planted a tree a long time ago so I can sit in the shade.

There is also the option that a known fake report was given to the media by an intelligence agency. If that's true, then anything their credibility should also be questioned.

The story is that the media got the story from Buzzfeed, not the intelligence committee.

The story is also that the intelligence agencies presented it to Obama and Trump as an "unverified" addition to the full report.

The theory is the President and President - elect should know what is circulating in the media in advance of publication.

If the intelligence agencies presented the report to Obama and Trump as a verified report, or if the intelligence agencies leaked it to the press, I agree it was a blatant failure by the intelligence agency, and in that instance it would appear as "payback" to Trump by the intelligence agencies, and that just can't be allowed to happen.

Everyone on both sides of the politics in the US needs to take a step back and consider the consequences of the animosity.

The people won't know what or who to believe and it undermines the authority of the President.

Trump is going to be the President.

I consider him as highly volatile, dangerous and without many moral standards.......but it is the self interest of everyone to have Trump surrounded by capable and strong people who aren't afraid to speak out and take charge if it came to that.

Mike Pence is such a VP as is Senator Jeff Sessions....although I disagree with some of their politics.

The fawning and smirky Ted Cruz types, wouldn't be of much value in a crisis situation.

In plain language.........if Trump gets nutsy it is better to have strong people who will take charge immediately.
    Last edited by sags; 2017-01-11 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sags View Post
    The story is that the media got the story from Buzzfeed, not the intelligence committee.

The story is also that the intelligence committee presented it to Obama and Trump as an "unverified" addition to the full report.

The theory is the President and President - elect should know what is circulating in the media in advance of publication.

If the intelligence committee presented the report to Obama and Trump as a verified report, I agree it was a blatant failure by the intelligence committee, and in that instance it would appear as "payback" to Trump by the intelligence agencies, and that just can't be allowed to happen.

Everyone on both sides of the politics in the US needs to take a step back and consider the consequences of the animosity.

The people won't know what or who to believe and it undermines the authority of the President.

Trump is going to be the President. I consider him as highly volatile, dangerous and without many moral standards.......but it is the self interest of everyone to have Trump surrounded by capable and strong people who aren't afraid to speak out and take charge if it came to that.

Mike Pence is such a VP and despite his shortcomings......so is Senator Jeff Sessions....although I disagree with their politics.

The fawning and smirky Ted Cruz types, wouldn't be of much value in a crisis situation.

In plain language.........if Trump gets nutsy it is better to have strong people who will take charge immediately.
    I guess you are unaware of the long history of US intelligence agencies spreading disinformation.

While it may serve their purpose in the clandestine world of security and intelligence to spread disinformation about enemies, I am unaware of US intelligence agencies spreading false information about their own President.

FBI Director, Hoover did keep a dossier on JFK, RFK and others, but he didn't make it publicly known.

That would simply be an intolerable situation, and should be considered treasonous behaviour.

The US intelligence agencies don't have to "like" the President or his politics. That isn't their function.
    Last edited by sags; 2017-01-11 at 03:14 PM.

On the separation of Trump's businesses from his politics.

Putting his business empire into the hand's of his children is a very bad decision.

The best scenario is that nothing happens over the term of his Presidency. The worst case is that Trump is continually mired in scandal.

Hopefully someone will convince Trump to put everything into a blind trust, as every other President has done.

The unforseen fallout from the non-stop attack on Trump by the media and Democrats is that their credibility is shot. One day they might report a real scandal or crime by Trump and no one will believe them.

Page 39 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast