Fake News - Page 36
Page 36 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake News

Quote Originally Posted by bass player View Post
    Of course you ignore that:

- he has given Iran at least $10 billion in gold and cash
    This is, of course, a lie. It is in reference to Obama UNFREEZING Iranian assets in exchange for concessions on their nuclear program. The US can't legally steal Iranian assets, so they never belonged to the US, and thus were not 'given', by Obama or anyone else, to Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by bass player View Post
    Of course you ignore that:

- he betrayed Israel, a friend of the US
    - he approved Iran getting 130 tons of Uranium
    - he has given Iran at least $10 billion in gold and cash
    - he did nothing and is still doing nothing while North Korea arms itself with nukes
    - he is starting a cold war with Russia over unproven election hacking claims
    - he has set back race relations more than any president in history
    - etc...

But hey...that Obamacare is really cool.
    This is a series of right wing talking points:

- Obama did not betray Israel. Are you talking about the U.N. resolution?
    - Russia is sending the Uranium to Iran, not Obama.
    - Obama gave Iran nothing. Frozen Iranian funds were freed when sanctions were lifted.
    - Obama is working with the Chinese to prevent N. Korea from developing the capacity to launch a nuclear weapon at Japan or the US.
    - I believe that Russia created the tension. First it attacked Georgia. Then it invaded Crimea.
    - Racism existed long before Obama became president.
    etc.

Obama's approval rating is very good for a president at the end of his second term. I'd wager that history will be kind to him.

Coincidentally, Trump's approval rating is terrible for a president who has yet to be sworn in. Even his supporters are growing tired of the childish tweets.
    If you have something to say - then say.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewf View Post
    This is, of course, a lie. It is in reference to Obama UNFREEZING Iranian assets in exchange for concessions on their nuclear program. The US can't legally steal Iranian assets, so they never belonged to the US, and thus were not 'given', by Obama or anyone else, to Iran.
    I don't think he's referring to the nuclear concessions but to this story. http://fortune.com/2016/08/05/money-america-iran/

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

I heard this story and that was a good link to it SMK.

Wait, isn't Russia our cuddly friend that we should not be maligning in any way? If Obama tried to stop Russian trade, why, that might cause WW3.
    This doesn't fit the story the mainstream media wishes to push because it goes against the wrong guy, which is Obama.

Most of the establishment which includes Republicans and Democrats would love to have Russia on a war footing. They need a cold war or a hot war to help bring in lots of money to support the war machine or the defence industry. Russia is the easiest and probably the most lucrative enemy for the industry and one of the easier enemies to sell to the US public.

I see it but many people don't see it because the establishment and mainstream have sold it so well. Introduce the draft and you will see 100 percent of Democrats suddenly open their eyes and they will see it to. The left followers here will also see it because the mainstream media will be forced to show the evils of war as every democrat marches and protests against any conflict with Russia for any reason because they don't want to fight in it.

Quote Originally Posted by new dog View Post
    I heard this story and that was a good link to it SMK.
    Except the amount is a tiny fraction of the amount you claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by new dog View Post
    This doesn't fit the story the mainstream media wishes to push because it goes against the wrong guy, which is Obama.

Most of the establishment which includes Republicans and Democrats would love to have Russia on a war footing. They need a cold war or a hot war to help bring in lots of money to support the war machine or the defence industry. Russia is the easiest and probably the most lucrative enemy for the industry and one of the easier enemies to sell to the US public.

I see it but many people don't see it because the establishment and mainstream have sold it so well. Introduce the draft and you will see 100 percent of Democrats suddenly open their eyes and they will see it to. The left followers here will also see it because the mainstream media will be forced to show the evils of war as every democrat marches and protests against any conflict with Russia for any reason because they don't want to fight in it.
    There is a wide gulf between full mobilization/drafting people into the military for a hot war with Russia, and Trump's full roll-over/bootlicking of Putin. I am stunned that supposedly proud/patriotic Americans are worshiping Putin and mouthing his propaganda when Putin is certainly no friend of America and most likely a rival or enemy. Obama tried the thaw relations with Russia, and Russia went and started invading its neighbours as well as doings it s best to destabilize its neighbours and the EU. Destabilizing the west is not in America (or Canada's) interest. Destabilizing the West is in Russia's (or at least Putin's) interest as it allows him to exercise greater influence. Why any American would be rooting for that, down to cheering Russian manipulation of the US democratic process, blows my mind.

Also note that in the past couple of days, the Trump camp has changed its tune from "Russia had nothing to do with DNC hack/manipulating the US election" to "of course Russia manipulated the election--they always have. It's the DNC's fault they were hacked".

The link to Fortune demonstrates that no ransom was paid. It was a release of 400 million in Iranian assets + interest which the US government froze when sanctions were imposed.

The story illustrates how a legal financial transaction is spun by untrustworthy outlets and opposition politicians into a falsehood - one that is accepted uncritically by certain forum members.
    Last edited by olivaw; 2017-01-10 at 10:43 PM.
    If you have something to say - then say.

The link was a good one andrewf but I didn't make the claim.

Russia isn't to be trusted and does invade at times just like the US does. In fact everything Russia does the US also does, so there are no angels here. However again this is mostly about money, power and greed and has very little to do with what is good for us or the world.

There is a wide gulf between full mobilization/drafting people into the military for a hot war with Russia, and Trump's full roll-over/bootlicking of Putin. I am stunned that supposedly proud/patriotic Americans are worshiping Putin and mouthing his propaganda when Putin is certainly no friend of America and most likely a rival or enemy. Obama tried the thaw relations with Russia, and Russia went and started invading its neighbours as well as doings it s best to destabilize its neighbours and the EU. Destabilizing the west is not in America (or Canada's) interest. Destabilizing the West is in Russia's (or at least Putin's) interest as it allows him to exercise greater influence. Why any American would be rooting for that, down to cheering Russian manipulation of the US democratic process, blows my mind.

Also note that in the past couple of days, the Trump camp has changed its tune from "Russia had nothing to do with DNC hack/manipulating the US election" to "of course Russia manipulated the election--they always have. It's the DNC's fault they were hacked".
    Russia has not done any destabilization of the West-OTOH the Neocons and the Soros crowd have been very successful-Brexit, Trump, Le Pen, Merkel's problems all have nothing to do with Russia and everything to do with the aggressive destabilization program of the globalization crowd.