Canadian Money Forum banner

Using Uber to travel to Pearson Airport

7K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  ja2345 
#1 ·
So my wife and I are flying out of Toronto tomorrow and we ashtrays use a taxi service.

We can prebook a taxi but I don't believe Uber has that feature yet in Toronto. Have people found the cost savings are compelling versus the flat rate from the taxi services?

#8 · (Edited)
The train from Union to Pearson is not pricey. It's $12, or only $9 with the presto card: https://www.upexpress.com/

From Union station it's only 25 minutes. Consider that a taxi/uber will take between 20 - 60 minutes, depending on traffic. And yes, it has taken me as long as an hour.

Trains don't experience traffic. It's a great service... fast and comfortable. If you can easily get to Union station, definitely take this.

The TTC to Kipling and Rocket Express is cheaper, but very inconvenient and takes about 60 minutes. Plus the connection is awkward at Kipling bus station, and you'll probably sit around waiting for the bus. I used to always take the TTC to Kipling to get to Pearson, but but the UP Express is far superior and I don't ever imagine that I'll take the TTC route again.

#9 ·
^ UPExpress and TTC Kipling Rocket Express are the cheaper alternatives (with the TTC one being the cheapest) but the convenience is another story, especially if one is travelling with multiple bags and luggages.

I guess we'll find out what ashtray Janus10 settled for - my guess is back to the good old taxi service unless Uber allows smoking in its car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.