Trudeau One Year Later
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trudeau One Year Later

Trudeau One Year Later

So how do we see the performance of the Trudeau government just over a year after the election.

On debt we should probably give him a "C-". They will run a deficit 5 billion higher then budgeted in March.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3000667/ca...geted-td-bank/

He doesn't seem to think for himself and just follows the globalist agenda. So on leadership in the world he would probably get a "C-"

On immigration and such I will give him an "F". Refugees are going to be a disaster. Also removing Visa requirements for Mexicans on Dec. 1 could swell our already large homeless ranks. For example the BC government announced 500 million dollars to affordable housing and that money is just enough for one year. We need control of the amount of people coming in and not opening the flood gates.

On climate change he is just following the globalists and would probably get a "C" on this.

On whoever becomes the US president and his handling of Trump I give him a "B" for not getting involved and saying the right things.

There are many other issues like the handling of Canada's illegal drug problems are really going up with the use of Fentanyl. What is Canada to do with its drug problems, maybe call in Duterte from the Philippines. Of course I am kidding. However I think there needs to be an education blitz towards High School kids that can hopefully get through to people before they get there. Of course then there is the problems at home that put them at risk as well.

Quote Originally Posted by new dog View Post
    So how do we see the performance of the Trudeau government just over a year after the election.

On debt we should probably give him a "C-". They will run a deficit 5 billion higher then budgeted in March.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3000667/ca...geted-td-bank/

He doesn't seem to think for himself and just follows the globalist agenda. So on leadership in the world he would probably get a "C-"

On immigration and such I will give him an "F". Refugees are going to be a disaster. Also removing Visa requirements for Mexicans on Dec. 1 could swell our already large homeless ranks. For example the BC government announced 500 million dollars to affordable housing and that money is just enough for one year. We need control of the amount of people coming in and not opening the flood gates.

On climate change he is just following the globalists and would probably get a "C" on this.

On whoever becomes the US president and his handling of Trump I give him a "B" for not getting involved and saying the right things.

There are many other issues like the handling of Canada's illegal drug problems are really going up with the use of Fentanyl. What is Canada to do with its drug problems, maybe call in Duterte from the Philippines. Of course I am kidding. However I think there needs to be an education blitz towards High School kids that can hopefully get through to people before they get there. Of course then there is the problems at home that put them at risk as well.
    I give him a C, he is exactly what I feared, but he hasn't messed with the electoral system yet, he got CETA through.
    His total mismanaging of other stuff is to be expected, not screening Syrian refugees (like not a single question according to the FOI requests) is a bit worse than I expected, carbon tax is about where I thought.
    I'm also quite impressed that he's actually looking seriously at legal marijuanna, despite his eagerness, and the politics, and previous statements that legallizing it will give them more control, he's realizing that there is a real risk and maybe he shouldn't be rushing into it. It's a key issue for the left, a minor issue for most of the right, and he's still sitting back and taking his time, that actually instills some confidence that he won't mess it up too bad.

Newsflash: conservatives not impressed with Liberal PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatt View Post
    he got CETA through.
    He only signed it. The deal had been started, and all the hard work done by the previous government.

Trudeau is more popular now than when he was elected.

MrMatt I think you got it he is sitting back which keeps his popularity up as sags mentioned. I think all the debt, refugees, immigration, trade deals, climate change and so on will hurt his popularity as these things start to us and become noticeable.

Trudeau gives to much money to war torn countries. Cant really send money to help build up countries when bombs are going off tearing the countries down. We should be refining our own gas & oil so we can be more independent instead of giving money to other countries & immigrants coming into our country helping to make them dependent.

I would like to see Trudeau not waist any money or time or energy on climate change. Get ride of the HST, The HST strengthens the underground economy. Equal laws for everyone, no special treatment, or special funding for first nations.

First nations are interesting and hard to figure out what to do. We are basically the immigrants but at the same time we brought the advancements and the tech.

Throwing money at them doesn't help them or us as well. No Canadian government has solved this problem.

Well it's only been a year since Trudeau became PM. Maybe it's still a bit early to grade him on a report card?

While some are giving him a C for his efforts across many issues that concern our country,
    it's still to early to tell if he will be a good PM, and he has 3 years to go before the next election.

If we give him a "C" for his performance as PM so far, how would we rate Harper after 8 years?
    A? B? or even C?
    Some things in our society cannot be solved easily, no matter how much money is spent in the attempts
    these days. The population has increased and so have the issues which invariably cost more money these days.

Right now he's enjoying his status as PM, flying around to different countries to promote himself and Canada. Whether all this flying around will pay off for us is too soon to tell.

Trudeau, I'm sure will have his hands full dealing with Trump in the New Year...so he might as well enjoy
    his "extended honeymoon as PM" while it lasts. I'm sure there will be a lot of arguing and gnashing of teeth in the H of C as time goes on.

Canada has changed a lot in the last 48 years since his father became PM. There is a lot more challenges facing Justin than there was when his father was PM...primarily a global economy, global warming, carbon taxes and other humanitarian issues like the Syrian refugees, which so far aren't causing any concern.
    Last edited by carverman; 2016-11-24 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carverman
    other humanitarian issues like the Syrian refugees, which so far aren't causing any concern.
    no "cause for concern"?

Kellie Leitch, pediatric orthopedic surgeon and candidate for the Conservative Party leadership would say they are a "cause for concern".

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast