Trudeau One Year Later - Page 3
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trudeau One Year Later

Raising funds from the Chinese communist party with envelopes changing hands and daddy's foundation getting oiled?

Nothing to see there. Nothing at all.

Also, Seems like he gave away a few hundred million dollars to various countries and dodgy UN bodies just in the last couple of weeks, all the while pushing Canada deeper into debt. Daddy's foundation must be rolling in it.

Last edited by mordko; 2016-11-24 at 08:29 PM.

Trudeau did not stay out of US election. He attacked Trump several times, starting about this time last year. Trump responded in kind.

For nearly a year, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been pushed to say something splashy about the reality TV star who is now poised to become president south of the border.

Trudeau was asked about those comments about Muslims. About Mexican immigrants. About women.

Trudeau was careful at every turn, as the party of Abraham Lincoln twisted into something else.

He said he wouldn’t interfere in the election of another country. He proclaimed that the relationship between Canada and the United States is bigger than the one between those who hold its highest elected offices.

He promised to work with whoever would occupy the White House next January because, simply, that’s what Canadian prime ministers need to do.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/11..._12877252.html

^false. I remember him mouthing Trump and Trump responding.

Here is an example http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/j...-donald-trump/

Of course they have a lot in common, there must be some sympathy between two badly spoilt rich kids but boy king sure did open his mouth on several occasions.

“If we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we don’t actually end up any safer. Fear doesn’t make us safer. It makes us weaker.”

It sounds like he was thinking about the Stephen Harper government.

Heh. Except he was responding to a question about Trump.

Stephen Harper's government was awesome. Left Canada in the best shape of all developed countries in the world after an 8-year recession in the US.

I give Chretien and Martin credit for the position we were in they stopped the big bank mergers and had a good budget.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle17972537/

I think that the Trudeau Government has been a refreshing change. There are some things that I am very pleased with, others not so much. But this is how it is with politics. I feel even better about the Trudeau Gov't when I look at the sorry field of leadership and the utter lack of talent in the declared candidates for the Conservative Party leadership race.

We now have Cabinet ministers who actually give interviews and take questions that are not reviewed in advance and responded to with words generated by the PMO.

11 years is enough for any Government. It was for Harper, Trudeau's time will come just as it has to politicians of all stripes.

Canada's debt ratio is a little misleading. My understanding is that it only takes into account the Federal accounts. If this is so it does not include the subtantial Provincial debt, defined benefit shortfalls, or debt of Provincial Crown Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Canada's debt ratio is a little misleading. My understanding is that it only takes into account the Federal accounts. If this is so it does not include the substantial Provincial debt, defined benefit shortfalls, or debt of Provincial Crown Corps.
    True, but total debt is only one side of the ledger. On the other side is total assets and revenues which is rarely discussed by the doomers.

When considered in the full context, most economists say that Canada is in great financial shape.

Last edited by sags; 2016-11-25 at 12:25 AM.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast