Trudeau One Year Later - Page 2
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 290

Thread: Trudeau One Year Later

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,244
    His dad was the same, lots of ideas and then lots of problems and debt as time went on. This is where we are going with Justin except he isn't the character his dad was.


  2. #12
    Senior Member Beaver101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by sags View Post
    Trudeau is more popular now than when he was elected.
    ... especiallly on keeping up with the selfies-job.... LOL.
    Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

  3. #13
    Senior Member carverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    7,271
    Quote Originally Posted by new dog View Post
    His dad was the same, lots of ideas and then lots of problems and debt as time went on. This is where we are going with Justin except he isn't the character his dad was.
    Well he is a chip off the old block as the saying goes. Time will tell how good his ideas and implementation of them will serve Canada.

    Read his book "Common Ground". He does seem to be more of a negotiator than his father was.
    Of course, lots of things have changed since the mid 60s when Trudeaumania was the thing that brought Pierre in on a wave of popularity. Population was around 20.7 million then, now its approaching 36 million, with a global
    economy causing more jobs lost each year.


    Lester Pearson (Lib) was the PM before Trudeau Senior.
    Pearson was definitely one of Canada's renowned PM, besides being a Nobel Prize winner, he brought in many changes that Canada needed at the time..except maybe the Bomarc missle program that turned out to be a big flop..but that was more Diefenbakers folly (killing the Avro Arrow prgm and opting for the Bomarc missiles instead because they were cheaper and the Americans didn't likethe fact that the Canadians were developing
    a fighter much superior to what they had at the time.

    Pearson campaigned during the election promising "60 Days of Decision" and supported the Bomarc surface-to-air missile program. Pearson never had a majority in the Canadian House of Commons, but he brought in many of Canada's major updated social programs, including universal health care, the Canada Pension Plan, and Canada Student Loans, and he instituted a new national flag, the Maple Leaf flag. He also instituted the 40-hour work week, two weeks vacation time, and a new minimum wage.
    Last edited by carverman; 2016-11-25 at 07:57 AM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member sags's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,913
    Trudeau has already implemented many of his pledges.

    CPP expansion, merge and increase childcare benefits, return OAS to age 65, make changes to EI program, income tax changes, Syrian refugee induction, refocus Canadian military efforts in the middle east, reintroduce Canada to the world and other achievements.

    He moves now into the second phase of his tenure in office with justice reform, marijuana legalization, end of life legislation, and other big agenda items.

    Thus far, I would give Trudeau an A +. He hasn't made any glaring errors and the majority of voters are satisfied with his leadership.
    Last edited by sags; 2016-11-24 at 01:31 PM.

  6. #15
    Senior Member Beaver101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by sags View Post
    Trudeau has already implemented many of his pledges.

    CPP expansion, merge and increase childcare benefits, return OAS to age 65, make changes to EI program, income tax changes, Syrian refugee induction, refocus Canadian military efforts in the middle east, reintroduce Canada to the world and other achievements.

    He moves now into the second phase of his tenure in office with justice reform, marijuana legalization, end of life legislation, and other big agenda items.

    Thus far, I would give Trudeau an A +. He hasn't made any glaring errors and the majority of voters are satisfied with his leadership.
    ... hmmm ... it's funny that you have no issues with this,

    High time for Trudeau Liberals to stop cash-for-access: Editorial

    https://www.thestar.com/opinion/edit...-editoria.html
    Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

  7. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by sags View Post

    return OAS to age 65
    reintroduce Canada to the world and other achievements.
    The first was a BIG mistake.

    Reintroduce Canada to the world? Where were we before? http://business.financialpost.com/fp...ngement-frenzy

    Uh, on policy I give him a C+.
    Uh, on personal style and selfies, uh, an A+.

  8. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by new dog View Post
    His dad was the same, lots of ideas and then lots of problems and debt as time went on.
    +1
    P.E.T. was a prick. But he was a sharp, clever prick and an astute political animal. Jr. is neither

    Quote Originally Posted by new dog View Post
    This is where we are going with Justin except he isn't the character his dad was.
    Fuddle duddle...
    "That's what I do, I drink and I know things" - Tyrion Lannister

  9. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,244
    Koogie there will never be another P.E.T. he was a prick but was a leader who didn't take sh-t from anyone, I will give him that. He didn't go into Vietnam and stood his ground. I don't think Justin can do these things and will follow Europe and the globalists wherever they take him. Sags an A+ for more debt and bringing trouble to Canada. Also not really a leader able to stand up to others like Europe and willing to sign just about any trade deal the globalists tell him to, no matter if it is good or bad.

    SMK he is introducing his pretty face to the world.

    Carvernman I don't think we are going to see anything ground breaking like we have seen from our past leaders.

  10. #19
    Senior Member sags's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver101 View Post
    ... hmmm ... it's funny that you have no issues with this,

    High time for Trudeau Liberals to stop cash-for-access: Editorial

    https://www.thestar.com/opinion/edit...-editoria.html
    That the Liberal Party fund raises is no big revelation.

    All of the political parties raise funds to administer their party and provide funding for elections.

    I would have an issue if the Liberals broke the rules that apply to all of the political parties.
    Last edited by sags; 2016-11-24 at 07:13 PM.

  11. #20
    Senior Member sags's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,913
    Quote Originally Posted by new dog View Post
    Sags an A+ for more debt and bringing trouble to Canada. Also not really a leader able to stand up to others like Europe and willing to sign just about any trade deal the globalists tell him to, no matter if it is good or bad.
    Canada doesn't have a debt problem. Our debt to GDP is low and very manageable.

    Trudeau has not ratified the TPP. He is astutely waiting to see what the US does. If they sign.....we sign. If they don't sign....we don't sign.

    It is astute because as the US is our biggest trading partner we have to include ourselves in any of their trade deals.

    Trudeau also wisely stayed out of the US elections because Canada has to deal with whomever they elect.

    Last edited by sags; 2016-11-24 at 07:22 PM.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •