Koodo 5GB MB/SK Plan vs Public Mobile 12GB Fall Promo - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Koodo 5GB MB/SK Plan vs Public Mobile 12GB Fall Promo

It looks pretty good just a bit expensive....$25/gb in Mexico but it doesn't cover Polynesia...

Quote Originally Posted by m3s View Post
    Ok I didn't know what they meant by stick on SIM. That is pretty interesting

$7.99 US/day for data is very expensive though. Walmart data would be cheaper after a few days
    I guess it is if you need a lot of data. But seeing you can get it in 1-day increments, not bad if you are on , say a 1day trip across border.
    By the way, if you or anyone decides to try it, you can use my referral code GRAM024. You will get 30% off cost of SIM plus a $5 credit (I get $5 too!). Then you send a message to Twitter and Facebook from the K-R sign up page and you get another two $5.00 credits. In the end, the $29.95 SIM costs about $6.00! (and the $9.95 is free!)

How does the Walmart data work?
    Last edited by agent99; 2017-04-23 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by agent99 View Post
    How does the Walmart data work?
    You buy a Straight Talk pack at Wal-Mart that comes with SIM cards, adaptors and tool for any phone and you self-activate it online.

Just easy because I always see a Wal-Mart upon arrival in US and usually need some basics there anyways.
    amat victoria curam

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Eder View Post
    My ATT plan is great but Telcel has similar plan here in Mexico...my friends got one pay as you go 3 countries 1gb data about $20 USD. When you get here just bring an unlocked phone ...the TelCel joint will fix you up...they are pretty good at English if Spanish is not too bien.

https://fi.google.com/about/plan/ is what I intend to use next season in Polynesia...looks like it would be awesome for any traveller...you do need to buy a google phone and fake a USA address though.
    Do you forward your Canadian number to the Mexi TelCel number? How do you manage that? Do you send out your Mexican number to the contacts you care about and not forward?

I need to be somewhat available in Mexico and am trying to sort through that.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
    Last edited by TomB16; 2017-04-23 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m3s View Post
    You buy a Straight Talk pack at Wal-Mart that comes with SIM cards, adaptors and tool for any phone and you self-activate it online.

Just easy because I always see a Wal-Mart upon arrival in US and usually need some basics there anyways.
    I used to do that at Walmart USA with AT&T. Problem with that sort of prepaid plan, is that they expire along with any credits and you lose the number if you don't add to it withing quite a short time frame. With K-R credits are good forever so long as you use service once in 15 months and you keep your number.

I hadn't heard of KnowRoaming until I read your post this morning. Interesting. Thank you for sharing it.

I hadn't thought of using Google Hangouts in MX until you mentioned it. It might be sufficient for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by TomB16 View Post
    Do you forward your Canadian number to the Mexi TelCel number? How do you manage that? Do you send out your Mexican number to the contacts you care about and not forward?

I need to be somewhat available in Mexico and am trying to sort through that.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
    I send anyone I want to hear from the new number.

Thanks, Eder! I appreciate it.

Any chance you could help me understand Mexico a little more?

I'm thinking about PV area, since it is the only MX location with direct flights from my city. I can go from -40 to _80F in 4 hours. The idea is somewhat appealing. lol!

The beaches look far better on the Caribbean side. I've never been but we've seen some amazing beaches in Sayaluta and Lo De Marco. I love to mountain bike so the west coast is very appealing to me.

How did you decide where you wanted to be in Mexico? How do you connect with other expats? Is it as simple as flying down and looking around? Do you have a forum that expats frequent?

In Mexico, I've been using AT&T Mexico all fall/winter, and my wife has a very similar Telcel pay-as-you-go plan. We need both because we travel throughout Mexico and need constant coverage for my work, and in some rural areas, Telcel has service but AT& T doesn't. Both 150 pesos per month, unlimited calls and text messages to, from and in Mexico, the USA and Canada, and unlimited social apps (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram) plus 400 or 600 MB of data, which is more than enough for our limited needs. I'm back in Canada but our service still works, without any roaming charges. I can recharge the plan each month I from the website. Obviously we have Mexican numbers which means people who want to call us from Canada would have to pay long distance, so I give my family and friends my MX number and tell them to let it ring once so I can see their number on my display, and I can call them back.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123