Koodo 5GB MB/SK Plan vs Public Mobile 12GB Fall Promo - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Koodo 5GB MB/SK Plan vs Public Mobile 12GB Fall Promo

I save by not having a landline at home or cable TV. I have a cell phone and relatively inexpensive internet.

My parents use Wind (now Freedom) $80 a year minimum top up pay per use.

I'm in SK and I went Virgin. BYOD, no contract, 5GB data, unlimited everything else, $52.50/mo tax paid.

It was the best deal I could find but they fall a little short for out of country travel. I've been curious about options in Mexico.

^Isn't the Koodo $48 plan better?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Public Mobile 90-day suits me best because sometimes I work or vacation where there is very limited WiFi and I become a heavy data user.

Since mid Feb I've only used about 2GB but that would have cost $300 @ knowroaming rates. I still have 10GB left until mid May and then I'll get another 12GB until mid Aug. If I had no WiFi for the month of May I'd still have up to 22GB mobile data (up to 6 months data in 1 month)

knowroaming does look interesting as I do travel a lot. It would be ideal if I had a dual SIM phone with a roaming plan available at all times. Typically when I travel it's for 1-6 weeks and if it's long enough then I get a Walmart Strait Talk SIM card or a local SIM in other countries.

I did spend under $40k last year and there were much bigger unnecessary expenses that I could cut before my $40 mobile plan..
    amat victoria curam

Quote Originally Posted by TomB16 View Post
    Il. I've been curious about options in Mexico.
    My ATT plan is great but Telcel has similar plan here in Mexico...my friends got one pay as you go 3 countries 1gb data about $20 USD. When you get here just bring an unlocked phone ...the TelCel joint will fix you up...they are pretty good at English if Spanish is not too bien.

https://fi.google.com/about/plan/ is what I intend to use next season in Polynesia...looks like it would be awesome for any traveller...you do need to buy a google phone and fake a USA address though.
    Last edited by Eder; 2017-04-23 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewf View Post
    ^Isn't the Koodo $48 plan better?
    Not in Saskatchewan. Telus doesn't have access to the entire SaskTel mobile network. In Regina or Saskatoon, they are fine. Problems appear if you go out of town a lot, as I do. I work for a company that requires me to go to all sort of rural places so Virgin is better, as they have access to the entire SaskTel network. It's a dollar more but well worth it to me.

Thanks, Eder.

I've been thinking about GoogleFi. It might be an ideal option for me because WiFi only coverage would well suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by m3s View Post
    Public Mobile 90-day suits me best because sometimes I work or vacation where there is very limited WiFi and I become a heavy data user.

Since mid Feb I've only used about 2GB but that would have cost $300 @ knowroaming rates. I still have 10GB left until mid May and then I'll get another 12GB until mid Aug. If I had no WiFi for the month of May I'd still have up to 22GB mobile data (up to 6 months data in 1 month)

knowroaming does look interesting as I do travel a lot. It would be ideal if I had a dual SIM phone with a roaming plan available at all times. Typically when I travel it's for 1-6 weeks and if it's long enough then I get a Walmart Strait Talk SIM card or a local SIM in other countries.

I did spend under $40k last year and there were much bigger unnecessary expenses that I could cut before my $40 mobile plan..
    You don't NEED a dual sim phone to use K-R with your existing carrier. They have a stick-on Global sim that attaches to your existing sim. I have the stand alone sim, because I have no home carrier, but the stick on sim has better features than the stand alone one. They say the sticker sim costs $29.95, but actually there are several rebates that drop it to 1/2 of that.

For data, K-R offers unlimited daily data for US$7.99/day. Still not cheap, but could be depending on schedule of data use. I have used it once on a day when I knew I needed more data.

Quote Originally Posted by Eder View Post
    My ATT plan is great but Telcel has similar plan here in Mexico...my friends got one pay as you go 3 countries 1gb data about $20 USD. When you get here just bring an unlocked phone ...the TelCel joint will fix you up...they are pretty good at English if Spanish is not too bien.

https://fi.google.com/about/plan/ is what I intend to use next season in Polynesia...looks like it would be awesome for any traveller...you do need to buy a google phone and fake a USA address though.
    Sounds like Knowroaming might also work for you. It works in many countries including some Pacific islands. More here:https://www.knowroaming.com/

Sorry to sound like I am pushing them. I am just a user. It's a Canadian developed product and quite unique. Aimed at travellers, not people like me who are using it as their only service. Some buy it just for the free Whatsapp. There is a whole thread on Red Flag about that.

Quote Originally Posted by agent99 View Post
    hey have a stick-on Global sim that attaches to your existing sim.

For data, K-R offers unlimited daily data for US$7.99/day.
    Ok I didn't know what they meant by stick on SIM. That is pretty interesting

$7.99 US/day for data is very expensive though. Walmart data would be cheaper after a few days

In Asia you could get like a month of unlimited data for $7.99 US..

amat victoria curam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast