Italian cruise ship captain arrested for abandoning ship. - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Italian cruise ship captain arrested for abandoning ship.

+1 and another +1 for efficiency of punishment!

Quote Originally Posted by carverman View Post

I think a fitting punishment for the captain is to tie cement blocks to his feet and dump him overboard at the same spot where he ran aground.
    Che capitano codardo.

Should learn a thing or two from ATP Chesley Sullenberger.
    “Malicious men may die, but malice never.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver101 View Post
    +1 and another +1 for efficiency of punishment!
    Hanging is too good for him...and rotting in prison for up to 12 years,
    is not fair to the other criminals who deserve to be there and rehabilitated
    to be citizens again..Anyone who assumes that kind of responsibility and
    deserts women (and children?) deserves to walk the plank with cement
    overshoes. I hate cowards!

Apparently now, they think that up to 29 people are unaccounted for
    and missing..because of an chicken livered idiot who ran aground and
    then escaped like a cowardly jackal.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...87_964x641.jpg

I couldn't believe how close the ship got to the island but a picture is truly worth a thousand words. The guy almost put it right in the town square and isn't that a lighthouse probably less than a 100m in front of the ship! What the hell were these guys smokin'?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. DC

Quote Originally Posted by uptoolate View Post

I couldn't believe how close the ship got to the island but a picture is truly worth a thousand words. The guy almost put it right in the town square and isn't that a lighthouse probably less than a 100m in front of the ship! What the hell were these guys smokin'?
    It was good Columbian weed obviously!

Fly on the wall of the bridge of the Costa Concordia:

Capitano: Yippeee! Luigi!....this power steering on the rudder makes me want
    to fly her like superman! Crank up the engines!
    First Mate: but Capitano..if you take the wheel, the auto pilot disengages!
    Capitano...why do you bother me with such small details..Luigi? Share that joint my friend..pass it over again!
    Luigi:<laughing his head off from the effects?..of course Capitano..you are the boss!
    Capitanos..taking another drag on the "mary jane"..whee!!!!..lets go for a joy ride and see how fast she can go into the next port...what's was the frist port we were suppose to land...Luigi?
    FM: Capitano..according to the program printout..it's the Isle of Capri.

Capitano: Ok..I think we are there already..<rubbing his eyes in disbelief due to the effects of what he was smoking the day up to the cruise and a refresher joint onboard>...Ok..I see the LIGHTHOUSE, Luigi! .I'll take her in myself!
    CRASH!!!!!!! (ship hits rock and keels over!!!)

Capitano: What the He*L!!! Luigi..did I not tell you to raise anchor?
    FM: Capitano..we did!..you weren't supposed to use THAT lighthouse go into THAT fishing village! That is lighthouse #13...
    we were supposed to turn to port at lighthouse #23!
    Capitano: Luigi...they all look the same to me right now! I thought the "1" looked like a "2"..oh well... Abandon ship!
    and Luigi?..where's a good spot here to buy some more!...I'll race you there!

"Don't bogart that joint, my friend
    Pass it over to me.
    Don't bogart that joint, my friend
    Pass it over to me.

Roll another one
    Just like the other one.
    This one's burnt to the end
    Come on and be a friend. "
    Last edited by carverman; 2012-01-17 at 12:41 AM.

Greater Vancouver area of British Columbia
    Quote Originally Posted by uptoolate View Post
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...87_964x641.jpg

It seems you're right. uptoolate. I just heard on the news that it is believed the captain deliberately passed too close to the island so that he could show off "his" ship to friends on the island - the rumour is that he told his friends ahead of time that he would bring the ship in close to shore so they could see it better. If that turns out to be true, he should be charged with murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I just heard on the news that it is believed the captain deliberately passed too close to the island so that he could show off "his" ship to friends on the island - the rumour is that he told his friends ahead of time that he would bring the ship in close to shore so they could see it better. If that turns out to be true, he should be charged with murder.
    Capitano.."my friends, I am so proud of being made Capitano of this cruise ship, after starting off on cruise line Concordia as a bus boy clearing the tables working for tips....I will bring it in closer so you can take a picture of me standing on the deck!" I am so proud of her!

Friends on Gigilo: We cannot see you Capitano..you are too small and ship is too big..can you bring it in a bit closer please?

Capitano" Si!...I want a 8X10 of me standing on "my" ship in my nice white uniform!" fpr my mother to see.

CRUNCH!..RI..I..I..P..P..P! <rock tears big gash in hull>

Capitano: Ok my friends..Is that close enough for you now?????

[QUOTE]Capitano" Si!...I want a 8X10 of me standing on "my" ship in my nice white uniform!" fpr my mother to see.

CRUNCH!..RI..I..I..P..P..P! <rock tears big gash in hull>

Capitano: Ok my friends..Is that close enough for you now????? [QUOTE] ... LOL!

[QUOTE]..Anyone who assumes that kind of responsibility and
    deserts women (and children?) deserves to walk the plank with cement
    overshoes.
    I hate cowards[/B]! [QUOTE] ... right on Carve! I can't wait to see his pictures with the cement overshoes too! ROFL ... Thanks for the hilarious scripts Carve!
    Last edited by Beaver101; 2012-01-17 at 09:39 AM.

Actually he hit the rocks on the way by and then turned around and landed there before sinking. Apparently there is a narrow shelf there then 230 feet of water.

(Not trying to defend the weasel!)

This is actually a pretty horrific story; imagine it had been you or family & friends in the Costa Concordia & you would not be laughing.

It seems that not only the captain had maladroit movements, but some of the crew as well. But anyway, humour is always appreciated & carverman, you're the best at writing scripts here.

The good news is that most survived the ordeal, but tell that to those that did not make it and to their families.

“Malicious men may die, but malice never.”

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast