From a different angle: - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From a different angle:

She's asking for people to help her with this:

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.p...tic_oscillator

Hey, sorry if this gets a little too personal or detailed, if it does ignore the questions Ė Iím just trying to get a better picture of your situation/where you want to be etc.

How old are you and your spouse?

When do you guys want to retire?

What kind of lifestyle do you guys want to live when you retire? By this I mean, would $50,000 a year support the lifestyle you guys want to live?

Can you put a rough number to it?

What are your incomes like?

From this point forward, how much do you guys think youíll be able to save/invest per year?

It sounds like youíre more interested in trading than investing, is that correct? Investing being a more long-term strategy of buying solid companies and holding them versus trading stocks short-term based on technical/charts/other indicators..

Iím just starting to dabble a little bit into trading myself, so I canít offer any advice there, but from what I hear itís very hard to get to the point where you can be consistently profitable.

Regardless though of whether you want to be a trader or investor, a good amount of saving/investing is required in any retirement plan anyways Ė unless you want to risk your retirement on trading....

That being said, my brother switched from playing poker to trading stocks last year, and he just bought a text-like book called ďthe laymens guide to trading stocksĒ and he canít stop raving about how good it is, if you check it out on Amazon it has close to 100 reviews and a 5 star average Ė pretty damn good, Iím considering buying it myself for reading this summer.

Thereís probably a ton more to ask to get a good picture of your situation but Iíll leave it here for now..

I'm kind of new to this all myself though so I probably won't be of much help even when you provide answers to the above, but I'm sure there will be people here who can help you more when they have more information

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12