Yes, this is for work so the expense is billable.
But I did consider buying, expensing the mileage and selling once the work is over.
However, there were too many hassles involved, such as:
- Researching, shopping around, test driving, inspection, title transfer, etc.
- Hassle and cost of re-selling again
- Still doesn't work around the issue of using my own insurance coverage
- Maintenance on the car in the meantime (approx. 350 kms. drive each day)
- My personal money blocked-up unproductively until I re-sell and recover the balance
I figured financially there would be a very marginal benefit (if any at all) in buying and re-selling.
With renting (incl. CDW), I walk away once the gig is over with no net change in my financial situation as a result of the out-of-town gig.
is this for business? didnt u consider buying and reselling it after 6 months??
can i ask which car you got and how much u r paying overall?
I am in a similar situation where i need to rent a car (rather a minivan) for a long term. can you tell me what options you considered and what was the final deal you made?