Canadian Money Forum banner

High-quality, but currently under-valued?

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Assetologist 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

While the stock markets are still relatively low, and as optimism begins to grow for economic recovery, what are your picks for high-quality, yet currently under-valued Canadian companies? And why?

I continue to like the big Canadian banks (e.g., BNS, RY, BMO, CM). Although their stock prices have been moving up, their dividend-paying histories are solid, and the Canadian banks have fared relatively well through the past difficult months.

I also like the "infrastructure" companies (e.g., TIH, ARE), particularly with government spending heading in that direction, i.e. infrastructure, over the coming months/years. Many of these companies pay dividends as well, and are currently well off of their high price-points.

#2 ·
Hi everyone,

While the stock markets are still relatively low, and as optimism begins to grow for economic recovery...
Uhuh... now analysts think maybe the recovery won't happen as fast as it should. Not that I believe them one way or another I just wanted to point out that these sort of perceptions change as often as the sun rises and sets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.