Canadian Money Forum banner

Northern Property REIT (NPR.UN)

10K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  damaaster 
#1 ·
I've held NPR for a while now and am down about 8%. I am considering selling. What do you guys think?

#2 ·
i think your loco. j/k

you would sell NPR and buy what? or would you just sit on the cash and collect no divy?

I have been buying NPR every drop under $26. They have steady income, safe divy and good management. It just brings a steady flow of cash into my RESP and i rarely watch it.
To me , its just a good solid REIT to own. one of the best IMO.

#12 ·
Agreed.

Selling simply because the stock is down will only lead to long-term regret. If one is an investor, it is important to keep in mind that one invests in the company, not solely its stock price. Of course, one can trade (that is, book some profits and repurchase at lower prices) a long-term holding. But an investor's exit strategy should be based on a stock approaching full value or the company itself no longer performing in alignment with the investor's strategy. I would argue that REITs are far from fair or over valued positions right now.

#20 ·
I agree with that as well. NPR owns in Fort Mcmurray, and if capital projects get cancelled, some people think Fort Mcmurray will be a ghost town.I'll keep checking the financials but I like the lower price. Bigger DRiPs.
... this REIT wouldn't act like TPH.un, would it?

#22 ·
NPR is fairly well diversified but they do have a lot of energy exposure. Some REITs in general haven't performed all that well in the last few months - D.UN, etc. I'm still holding this name, but it's been one of my laggards.

I like the business, geographic locations, etc. but I just wish the share price would cooperate!

They should hold up better then Temple - multi-residential leases vs Hotel / daily contracts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.