Canadian Money Forum banner

TSE:EXE versus TSE:CSH-UN versus TSE:NWH-UN

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Eclectic12 
#1 ·
Anyone have any comments about Extendicare versus Chartwell Seniors Housing REIT versus Northwest Healthcare Properties REIT?

Anyone been following them?

Cheers

#2 ·
I looked at EXE a few years back. I was concerned with their US exposure to Medicare / Medicade so I took a pass. This was around the time there were some rumors of fraud on billing to the Fed Govt by long term care facilities. Not sure if that's all blown over yet or not.

Not too familiar with the others.

#5 ·
I looked at EXE a few years back. I was concerned with their US exposure to Medicare / Medicade so I took a pass. This was around the time there were some rumors of fraud on billing to the Fed Govt by long term care facilities. Not sure if that's all blown over yet or not.
Extendicare's current plan is to split the US and Canadian operations into separate operations sometime this year.
http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/nu...e-divide-u-canadian-businesses-190925408.html

Not much in the thread though ...

I have a small position in Northwest, but I am not too familiar with the other two.

It seems that both EXE and CSH are primarily focused on the aging demographic market, whereas NWH is more generally diversified with hospitals and other health care facilities.
Good points to consider ... thanks.

#3 ·
#7 ·
Holding a small position in CSH. The company has done well in the past and the chart looked pretty good up until the entire REIT sector took a recent hit - fears over rising interest rates. They have a decent payout ratio, a good occupancy rate and a decent future growth outlook. I was looking for seniors housing predominately so I passed on NWH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.