2009-04-01 until 2020-03-02
Forum Rules - Please Read Before Posting
The following rules will be enforced and at the discretion the moderators or administrators:
Heads up for new members - your first few posts are moderated. Moderation is a manual process that could take up to 1 business day. Once you've made it past that, the captcha will disappear and your posts will flow through without moderation.
1. No SPAM whatsoever. This includes promoting a company/service or soliciting business in a thread and/or in your signature, or sending unsolicited messages through the Private Messaging system.
2. If you wish to promote your company, please contact us.
3. No multi-level marketing, pyramid, and get-rich schemes allowed.
4. No affiliate and/or referral links. This includes soliciting referrals in your signature, posts, or asking for private message referrals.
5. No 'free money' or 'paid to surf' threads. Once again, to minimize spam and due to their dubious reputation.
6. CMF is a PG rated site. This means that no discussions about pornography or weapons will be allowed.
7. Avatars must be rated PG.
8. Links to x-rated material is strictly prohibited.
9. Sexual discussions may be edited for content or removed entirely.
10. Discrimination against individual sexual preferences, race, or religion will not be tolerated. Personal attacks of any sort are uncalled for and will not be tolerated. This includes sending messages through the private messaging system.
11. There will no longer be a warning sent to those who personally attack another member or hurl hate filled messages at groups of people. The penalties for making such an attack either through a post, signature or through the private messaging system are now as follows:
* 1st Offence: 3 day ban
* 2nd Offence: 14 day ban
* 3rd Offence: 30 day ban
* 4th Offence: Permanent ban
If you are banned, an explanation message will appear when you try to access the site. If you're not sure why you were banned, please e-mail us for a more detailed explanation.
In extreme cases a harsher penalty may be delivered even if it is only a 1st or 2nd offence. Not seeing this message is no excuse.
12. Only one forum account is allowed per individual person. People found to have multiple accounts who are using them in a benign manner will be given the choice of which account they would like to keep.
13. We do not allow the discussion of illegal activities. For example, where to download pirated games or movies.
14. Avatars: While we support free speech at CMF, recently users have been choosing avatars that could potentially offend other readers and generally degrade the CMF experience. This is why we have decided to outline features of an avatar that we would like you to avoid. These aren't hard and fast rules and it will ultimately be at the discretion of the CMF staff to decide if an avatar has crossed the line.
* Questionable avatar content: close ups of breasts, crotches, or bums (eg thongs), suggestions of sexual acts.
* A good rule to follow is "Would you want your boss/parents/children to see you looking at that?"
* At no time will we allow avatars to display profanity or racist imagery.
15. This is a site focused on personal finance, so political or otherwise controversial content should not be placed in signatures.
16. Abuse of the thread tagging system is not allowed. Please use tags that describe the thread, not your personal opinion of the thread content. Users posting vulgar or otherwise inappropriate tags will be subject to bans from the site.
17. Cookie Stuffing is Not Allowed - Any type of cookie stuffing or cookie dropping (setting a cookie without a user generated click) will result in an immediate ban. Users suspected of this behaviour will be banned immediately.
Most members of this forum are not financial advisors. Any information available on this site is of a general nature and should not be construed as investment advice. Do your own research or talk to your financial adviser.
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. Your email addresses will not be shared with any third parties for any reason. We may use your email id to contact you about site announcements or your forum activities. We take all reasonable precautions to protect your privacy. Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.